Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Thinking Put Down In Words

Earlier this week a friend asked me how my last doctor's appointment had gone, what were the test results? Thankfully everything came back negative. Whew! I was a bit jumpy there for a bit. With the lifestyle that I've been living, the weight that I've packed on over the last couple years... I'm just askin' for trouble and I know it. Thank GOD all is well.

However. Why on earth should I wait to make some serious changes until after I have serious medical problems? Hello!!! Wake up, Girl!

I told my friend that by tonight I'd have a plan of action. She could hold me accountable.

Accountability is a rather heavy thing, you know? No one else can make me do something or anything. Not really. This changing stuff has to come from inside me. Planted, I believe, but God and nurtured by my action and His power to do the doin'. So, my friend (and you know who you are), you're off the hook. LOL!

This is between God, me and the universe at large. For it is true... this Bible text... Hebrews 12:1 "we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses..." Everyone who knows me is watching, folks that don't know me are watching. a great cloud/crowd of witnesses. Ya'll are watching and I gotta tell ya, it's powerful stuff for bad or good. I know that for a fact!

Over the last couple years I've become a virtual hermit because of the "witnesses". I didn't want to see their eyes looking at my ever-expanding body. I couldn't deal with the less sensitive ones who would say things like..."Ohhh Arline! You've gotten so.... BIG!" Yeah, someone said that. Really. And so, I took the negative part side of the great crowd of witnesses thing. I withdrew as much as was possible. The extremely extroverted Arline became an devout introvert. Yeap, that's negative. I just got more and more depressed and that triggered me into eating more and more and...

Okay, I've got a problem. LOL!
Today, I'm doing a paradigm shift. Can't you just HEAR the grinding of gears? ;) Today, I begin to think of the "great cloud of witnesses" as my friends. Friends who look on and cheer me on to a better lifestyle and a healthier me.

I've written a "Plan of Action". I'll post it here in a minute. And I'm sending a massive mass email to just about everyone I can think of. LOL!
PLEASE do not feel obligated to read a single word here. Comments to my postings are appreciated, of course, but there's no agenda here. I'm writing and posting each day for MY benefit, if someone else gets something out of it, FABULOUS! If you think I'm nutter-then-a-Christmas-fruitcake...LOL! Let me assure you that I am.

Feel free to read/not read, comment/not comment.

"

No comments: