Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday... I love Fridays!

Especially now that I have a job outside home. I LOVE Fridays. :) I love my job, too, most of the time but Fridays mean I get to hunker down and hang out at home. Park the van and leave it there. LOL! My 100 mile a day average ends when I finish work on Fri. I may go 10 miles over Saturday and Sunday. If that. OHYEAH! I LOVE Fridays!

Today was a good day. I did wake up at 4:30am. Had my QT, but it was HARD to stay awake. So tired still. I think being sick a couple weeks plus ago is still pulling at me... I wipe out easily. But anyway, I had my quiet time and then made a MASSIVE pot of minestrone. Ya know, I don't know if it's possible to MAKE a small pot of it. I start with a dab of this and a dab of that and... before you know it my largest kettle is so full it's hard to stir without spilling it! HA! But it is SOOOooo good that I don't mind a bit. I'll be eating off it all this next week. Lunches are figured and done. Yum!

Wanna see? The picture doesn't do it justice, sadly, but here's one.

And no, I don't have a recipe. ;) Let's see... potatoes, onions, garlic, celery, green peppers, carrots, cabbage, frozen mixed veggies (peas, corn, carrots, green beans) a can of dark red kidney beans, a can of white kidney beans... what are they called? Cannellini! Half a can of black beans, a couple hand fulls of barley and LOTS AND LOTS of canned tomatoes. Oregano, basil, salt, vegetarian "beef" seasoning...

Anyway, it looked better before, the picture does NOT do it justice and I WILL be enjoying ever bit of it thru next week. I may share... and then again, I might not! HA!

I said pictures and I have pictures. Several, so here goes.

First one from David (eldest son) and Mandy's wedding  - July 07. I weighed 180 lbs, still heavy but...
LOL!OHHhh, to be there now! The guy I'm snuggled up to is my husband, Sid and we were about to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

And these were taken this evening. The first is "attitude". For reasons we can't figure out, the proportions are WAY off, making us look like our legs are short and our bodys are wide(r). This time I'm with my youngest son, Matthew. (CUTIE!) And the picture beside it is better proportions but seriously lacks the spontanious attitude of the first. LOL! So, ya get both.


One more. This is a CLOSE-UP taken last May at our daughter's 8th grade graduation. I cropped thewiggies out of it... don't you just love the glasses? :)
OH! You must see the darling daughter that I CLEAR out of the picture! BadMommy!

Which brings me to my latest dream. See that girl? Well, under that graduation gown she has on a most gorgeous dress. We found it, fell in love (she tried it on 4 times!) and we had to buy it. Nevermind that it cost more than my wedding dress! (which was homemade, so maybe that's not a fair comparison...) Let's see... do we have a picture of Jess in the dress? No! NOOO??? (rolling my eyes!) Okay. We must get a picture of the Jessica in her dress.

My dream? To be able to fit into that dress. LOL! I didn't say WEAR it anywhere! I figure that this old skin isn't going to bounce back and that I'll have angel wings on my underarms and extra skin other places too. I don't car if I don't go out of the house in it, I just want to be able to get INTO it and still breath.

So, this weekend I'll see if I can get a good picture of Jessie in her dress and I'll have something visual to dream on.

As for the day and how it went with re: to "Da Plan". THANK YOU, JESUS!!! One more day done and done well.

Spiritual food before physical food, walked an hour on the treadmill (my feet thanked me for not doing asphalt again), kept to eating only at mealtimes, nothing in between. And ate the GOOD stuff that will help me become healthy, fit and trim.

I know I can't do this on my own. The verse, John 15:5 really resounds in my heart and mind. TOO TRUE!
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." Ya think!? That's ME, Jesus is talkin' about. It is only by abiding (sticking close, staying connected throughout the entire day) in Him that I have a chance at a new and better life.

You know, if knowledge was the answer, I'd NEVER have had problems with weight! (And I've had this issue all my adult life) I KNEW (took classes in nutrition/health/etc.) how to do this thing when I was in my early 20's. But knowledge doesn't change the heart. There have been times when I've been able to lose some of the weight... between my first and second sons, I lost down to 145 lbs! WOW! I looked and felt great! And I did it then, as I've done it every other time since, but getting off the refined sugars and fats and sticking to the fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes... the good stuff. ;) Every time it works. It's a sure thing. But... this time, I want it to not just work in getting the numbers down on the scale and the life back in my step. This time I want it to be permanent. For the REST of my life, I want to have a clear mind and an agile, healthy body. HOWEVER!...

It's one day at a time. Today was grand. I'm so grateful. Now, off to bed. That will help set me up for another great day tomorrow. OHYEAH!!!!

ONWARD!

2 comments:

dave said...

What a beautiful bunch of people.

No matter what goes on in my life or yours, I will always love you and always be so proud to be your daddy.

You are especially beautiful.

David said...

I love the pictures and I'm enjoying reading your blog. Keep it up. :)