Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Gratitudes and Linkies!

WHAT A FUN DAY!!! Today I had my second Glacier Star quilting class. AWESOME!!! 10am - 5 pm of pure bliss! The teacher is a kick! My classmates are doing such fun, beautiful projects! It's amazing how many variations on the same pattern you can get. Gillions, I'm guessing.

This is my wee traveling machine, Sewphy. She's a beaut. Tiny and easy to pack around and yet a real work horse. she may be vintage, but she just keeps on humming along. LOVElove!!
And here's a pic of the most frustrating block of the day. HA! Wonky flying geese. You'd think this was random and  loose? Not even close. I've got 7 more to finish. Yikes! At least I'm not freaked out over it this time. I get how it works and it'll go fast.
I'm loving how this quilt it coming together and I'm enjoying the extremely "tight" methods that I'm learning. Very precise, very exact. How can THAT be fun? I don't know but for me it simply IS!

So, today I'm grateful for this new learning curve. This new way of doing designs that I think up. I'm grateful to be learning something new. To be stretching and growing.

I'm grateful that my family is all back home again, safe and sound. Sid came back this morning, the kids and Ben came later this afternoon. When I got back from class at 5:30pm, they were all home. Sweet.

And I'm grateful for the quiet days that I had this last weekend. While I didn't get everything done on my list (HA!), I'm delighted with what did get done. I feel rested, centered and a bit more clear about where to go from here.

~~~~~~

Cool links?
-- If you haven't checked out Audible, do so! Make haste! ;-) So great! My three sisters and I gave our Dad a year worth of Audible books, one a month, for Father's Day. Happy Daddy's Day!!!
--Ellinee! Very creative people here...The main website is being upgraded, but it's the blog that makes me swoon! New freebies every Friday. Fun stuff. LoVe the tulips. (okay, I'll admit that I know Lia, the creative director... she's one of my amazing sisters. ;-D )
-- Nearly every day I find myself going back to one blog. I've tried to figure out why this one pulls me back time and time again. I dunno! I just love it! Amanda Soule is "SouleMama" that I follow on Fridays with the [this moment} idea. Her blog is filled with pictures of her growing family, their farm and their projects. Take a look!
-- Sister Dea sent me this link. HA!!! You'll really GET this, if you're a knitter. I don't want to admit how many of these I've said. ;-)
-- I'm not sure why this caught my eye, but it did... later this week, I'll show you what happened to my Oscar the Grouch T-shirt. ;-)
-- I'm not loving the decorations here, but painting and repurposing is a FAB idea! Take something ugly but useful and turn it into something cool? How COOL!
-- And this recipe? YUMmmmm!!!! I used green onions, parsley and mint from the garden...SO good! And uber-healthy! If you haven't tried Quinoa, do! (make SURE you rinse the grain!) I'll be using it often.

~~~~~~

Tomorrow, I've gotta come up with a written-down plan for health and well being. Stay tuned! ;-)





 




No comments: