After visiting with my new doctor on Wed. morning, I realized what I really
wanted was to "be still and know". I longed for quiet and
solitude, time to be apart, to rest, sort my thoughts, pray and read... HA!!!
YEAHRIGHT!!! Dream ON, Baby, like THAT'S gonna happen! When!? How?! I mean REALLY???!!
On Wed. afternoon, Sid and I were going to join our two younger kids at UCA (Upper Columbia Academy) for a long weekend at the UCCSDA (Upper Columbia Conference of Seventh-day Adventists) annual campmeeting. That was the plan. (click on the links to see pics!)
But then...I realized that THIS was the perfect opportunity.
So, it happened. Ben went, as planned, to spend time with my sister, Lora and her family, Sid went up to UCA for campmeeting and I haven't gone out that front gate. Not once.
I've eaten good, healthy foods, drinking lots of water. Yesterday, I spent most of the morning getting fresh air and sunshine mingled with enough "exercise" in the yard and garden that my muscles were groaning last night.
Today has been quiet. Other than a brief visit from Daddy and a little later,"Your Daddy sent me over to have you do my hair"- a visit from my mom, I've been alone. I watched several church services on Blue Mt. TV and the campmeeting service that was live streamed over the internet. Other than that, it's been quiet. I've chosen to let the birds outside be the music. Quiet. Peaceful.
My sister, Deanna sent me a text asking, "Are you peaced out yet?" The answer is nope. I'm wallowing in it, like a happy piglet in a mud puddle. LOL!
Over the last week or so, I've stumbled over a two-part interview with Neal Nedley. Do you believe in Providence? ;-) Stumbled? Really? I wasn't even looking! And then today, I found more!
Here's the links...
The first part of the interview was "Depression and Its Causes"
The second part was "Depression and Its Cures"
And then today, I found part of the interview that didn't make it into the above to programs. Found here.
HUgELY, MaJORly helpful to me. Amazing!!!! Watch them! Tell me what you think! I'd love to hear your opinion!
That spiky-haired guy with the funny accent doing the interview is a friend of ours. John was our pastor before It Is Written whisked him away. Thankfully, I can still hear him speak. (as a side note, he was one of the speakers at campmeeting that I just skipped... THANKFULLY, there was live streaming!!! I was able to hear his talks. HAPPY me!)
I think the other reason these interview are so extremely helpful to me is that this stuff that Nedley is talking about? ... I GET IT!!! I so get it! This stuff, the life style stuff, I started learning about in my mid-twenties. I know it, I understand it, I agree with it! While I would prefer (are you kidding!? Of course!) to go to Nedley's 10-day live-in program, the reality is that it's not gonna happen. But I can get started. I can listen to these interviews again. I can buy his books.
In my mid-twenties, I started learning about this life style stuff. NEWSTART Homestyle, it was called. And over and over since then, I've taken classes and even helped with classes relating to this. I believe it, I understand it, I could teach it, write a book about it! And yet, LOOK AT ME!!!?! Look at me.


5'6"and 255lbs
Is this a happy face? By the BMI calculator, I am morbidly obese. Stressed, depressed, and with various (minor, thankfully!) other maladies. HELLO!!! Me thinks this smacks of "physician, heal thyself"! What good does knowledge and belief do without it WORKING and being WORKED in my life? There's a question!
In the 12-step programs, they talk about hitting the bottom and then finding recovery. Oh LORD! Please don't let there be a bottomer-bottom than this one.
On Wed. afternoon, Sid and I were going to join our two younger kids at UCA (Upper Columbia Academy) for a long weekend at the UCCSDA (Upper Columbia Conference of Seventh-day Adventists) annual campmeeting. That was the plan. (click on the links to see pics!)
But then...I realized that THIS was the perfect opportunity.
So, it happened. Ben went, as planned, to spend time with my sister, Lora and her family, Sid went up to UCA for campmeeting and I haven't gone out that front gate. Not once.
I've eaten good, healthy foods, drinking lots of water. Yesterday, I spent most of the morning getting fresh air and sunshine mingled with enough "exercise" in the yard and garden that my muscles were groaning last night.
Today has been quiet. Other than a brief visit from Daddy and a little later,"Your Daddy sent me over to have you do my hair"- a visit from my mom, I've been alone. I watched several church services on Blue Mt. TV and the campmeeting service that was live streamed over the internet. Other than that, it's been quiet. I've chosen to let the birds outside be the music. Quiet. Peaceful.
My sister, Deanna sent me a text asking, "Are you peaced out yet?" The answer is nope. I'm wallowing in it, like a happy piglet in a mud puddle. LOL!
Over the last week or so, I've stumbled over a two-part interview with Neal Nedley. Do you believe in Providence? ;-) Stumbled? Really? I wasn't even looking! And then today, I found more!
Here's the links...
The first part of the interview was "Depression and Its Causes"
The second part was "Depression and Its Cures"
And then today, I found part of the interview that didn't make it into the above to programs. Found here.
HUgELY, MaJORly helpful to me. Amazing!!!! Watch them! Tell me what you think! I'd love to hear your opinion!
That spiky-haired guy with the funny accent doing the interview is a friend of ours. John was our pastor before It Is Written whisked him away. Thankfully, I can still hear him speak. (as a side note, he was one of the speakers at campmeeting that I just skipped... THANKFULLY, there was live streaming!!! I was able to hear his talks. HAPPY me!)
I think the other reason these interview are so extremely helpful to me is that this stuff that Nedley is talking about? ... I GET IT!!! I so get it! This stuff, the life style stuff, I started learning about in my mid-twenties. I know it, I understand it, I agree with it! While I would prefer (are you kidding!? Of course!) to go to Nedley's 10-day live-in program, the reality is that it's not gonna happen. But I can get started. I can listen to these interviews again. I can buy his books.
In my mid-twenties, I started learning about this life style stuff. NEWSTART Homestyle, it was called. And over and over since then, I've taken classes and even helped with classes relating to this. I believe it, I understand it, I could teach it, write a book about it! And yet, LOOK AT ME!!!?! Look at me.
5'6"and 255lbs
Is this a happy face? By the BMI calculator, I am morbidly obese. Stressed, depressed, and with various (minor, thankfully!) other maladies. HELLO!!! Me thinks this smacks of "physician, heal thyself"! What good does knowledge and belief do without it WORKING and being WORKED in my life? There's a question!
In the 12-step programs, they talk about hitting the bottom and then finding recovery. Oh LORD! Please don't let there be a bottomer-bottom than this one.
"Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and
the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and
is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]." Hebrews 12:2 Amplified Bible (AMP)
ONWARD!!!! Yes! And upward!
I think I'll go for a walk now.

No comments:
Post a Comment