On Friday, I posted on Facebook this picture. This handsome man is my knight-in-shining-armor, Sid. And he's doing his knightly best...Oh! Wait! The story that goes with the picture? Sorry! I got caught in a swoon! ;-)
On Friday afternoon my washing machine started JUMPING across the laundry room floor, kathunk-KAthunk-KATHUNK-KATHUNKKATHUNKKATHUNKKATHUNKKATHUNKKATHUNK. Water was pouring out from under the washer somewhere and I hollered for Sid. He came running.
Well, my Sidney IS the best fixer I know. If something's broken, he can fix it. Except once in a while... and this time, with this 15 year old, rode-hard-and-put-away-wet washer that has been fixed and fixed and FIXED and is basically held together with bungee cords and bailin' wire... he couldn't fix it. He ordered a part and we relaxed into the Sabbath hours. Frustrated, but oh well, it'll work out. Again.
Off and on through the day yesterday I caught myself worrying on it. That pile of laundry! The upcoming week with no clean clothes? A trip to the laundromat? Ugh!!! Oh me!
About 3pm, my phone ticked the quiet little sound that let's me know that I've got a new email. It was from "angeldust", a Freecycle message. Subject line - "Offer: Washing Machine". I popped UP out of my afternoon daze and read the entire message. OHMYWORD!!! I zipped off an email to angeldust.
After sundown, Sid called angeldust's husband and then went to get the washer.
Want to SEE what happened? It's a 2005 Kenmore Washer! FREE!!!! (Everything on Freecycle is free!)
Everything on it is lovely and "new". Everything came with it, the hoses, all the paperwork that comes with a new machine... And it works, sorta... the shocks are toasted, needs repair.
This morning I woke up and found that at 1:30am, while I was dead asleep, Sid sent me this email.
~~~
Broken shock repaired
New set ordered
Washer leveled
I ran an empty load with soap and bleach
Everything seems to work perfect, and quiet
God is good~~~
Indeed! YES INDEED!!!
And THAT is my tippy-top HAPPYHAPPY gratitude this morning. :-D
AND!!!! I'm also grateful to have our youngest two kids home for a few days.
Last night, the three of us had our first business meeting (more on that later) at the island in the kitchen. I was sitting in the middle with Jess on my left and Matt on my right. Each working on their part, the part that they are most gifted in... I just sat there and melted. I'm so grateful for these to wonderful beings and that they are here, blessing my days. I love you, Matthew and Jessica!
One more gratitude. I'm sooooooo grateful for SUNSHINE!!! After days of rain, soggy and wet, the sun is out! No rain in the forecast! YIPPEEEE!!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Those Cool LINKIES!!!
--At the top of my list today! FREECYCLE!!!
--For saving websites, pictures and ideas that you find online...Pinterest is hard to beat. You can find my boards here. I add more goodies to my boards every day.
--CLUCK!!! Too funny! Ready to visit Cluckingham Palace, to be sure!
--This mom rocked my world this week. Amazing! I'm inspired.
--Great idea! We need to DO this (and then DO that! LOL!)
--I love color! Lots of colors. And this site keeps me coming back, again and again. Pure, simple and very colorful! Inspiring!
--A spin-off of an old sign... but it works for me! ;-)
--Reading Daniel's book "Drive"... this video is an visual tid-bit.
--LOVE! Such beauty and magic! Amazing.
--Aren't these cute! And so practical! Must make some!
--Making this recipe today. YUM!
--Made this recipe yesterday. If I hadn't over-baked it beyond recognition... it was great!
--And last but not least...Happy. I've only begun to collect pictures of happy faces. ;-D
Here's to a new week, loaded to the brim with possibilities and promise.
ONWARD!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment