Saturday, February 28, 2009

Frog it!

No! I'm not cussing! LOL! Frogging is a term that we stitchers use. Rippit, rippit! So to frog it means that unstitching a project.

This afternoon I finished my last (OhPLEASE!) Koolhaas hat. Matthew's hat is the 5th of this pattern that I've done. Great pattern, not easy until the second or third go-round, but I figured it out. PICTURES!!!!

















So, I finished and then turned to my next unfinished knitting project. A set of Sweetheart Mittens (ones pictured are not mine) that were to be a gift for Sid on Valentine's day.
My first stranded (two-color) project. A learning experience. They're cute, silly and fun. A mitten for her, a mitten for him and one with two cuffs and one big thumbless mitt to hold hands in... But today, as I tried to work my way up away from the cuff, suddenly it seemed really dumb. Why was I doing this project?

And in light of the last post, weeding out the stuff in my life to make living/working/being easier. I don't love this project. I want to knit sweaters!!! How come if I want to knit sweaters (I reallyREALLY need sweaters!), do I keep knitting hats and scarves and... ENOUGH!

Within less than 15 min. the hours of work/struggle put into those first two Sweetheart mittens disappeared and because to lovely little yarn "cakes", back in my yarn stash. OHYEAH!!!

I want to learn stranded knitting and I will. Probably the next new project will be stranded. (Yes, I have one in mind, but I'm not talkin' about it yet! LOL!) But, right now I have a sweater that I started years ago, a sweater that has been waiting and waiting. A sweater that is EASYbreezylemonSqueezy compared to most of what I've been knitting lately and THAT sweater is next.
ONWARD!

4 comments:

dave said...

So I lost my mittens?

Arline said...

Poor little kitten!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MY GREEN BEANIE!!!

arutherford said...

Frog it? Frog it! Oh, I love it. Can I borrow it when necessary?

My sweet Daddy ended up with a large variety of frogs, which I've inherited so it's perfect.
Ann