Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Knitting Night


Weds. night is Knitting Night.

A dozen or more knitters from this valley gather at our local yarn shop to knit.

Tonight it occured to me that I don't go to knit. I go to be with those knitters. I love those gals. I laughed so hard this evening that my sides still hurt.

Wonderful discovery. I don't go there to get my knitting done.

It's a good thing I don't truly go for the purpose of knitting. By the time I get there on Wednesday night I'm usually pretty tired from the day. Add to the mix, the noise, fun and conversations... It's like one of the knitter's said tonight. I knit two and rip out three. I did try to night, but finally gave up and succumbed to the joy of the evening. LOL!

I can knit here at home, I can knit while waiting for a client or a kid, but my "Knitting Night" is for knitting my soul together with the souls of others. It's for inspiration, admiration, connection, communication, tale gathering and sharing... It's for laughs, affirmation, reinforcement, learning technics and learning how to live.

If I get a stitch in, here and there. Ones that don't need to be taken back out. I count those as the extras. Little stitches of those friends, memories of our Knitting Nights all stitched together a visable, tangible piece of work for me enjoy and remember... Sweet Stitches.








(Dove Chocolate? I want some!!!)

No comments: