Monday, February 16, 2009

You won't believe this but...

there really are times when I won't talk. There are times when I am incredibly silent. You don't believe me, do you? LOL!

Some how, some where in the last 51+ years of life, I picked up that there are times when it's better to keep your mouth shut. Now I'm not taking about propriety. LOL! Some how THAT all seems to have escaped me. LOL! No, I'm taking about confrontation. Either enduring it or initiating it.
I don't know why it is that this outspoken, modestly articulate, introspective woman picked up (AND KEPT, which is the bigger crime) that to keep the peace is more important than taking care of business by speaking up and dealing with it. Keep the peace at ALL costs.
Now, I suspect that you had no idea that this silent thing was possible. LOL! You probably know me as a strong-minded blabber mouth. But when it comes to matters between Sid (husband!) and I... well some how, some way, some where I learned to shuddup and go along. At least to his face. And it seems that I figured out the best way to keep my mouth shut. STUFF FOOD IN IT! ;)

So, here we are. Valentine's Day is our half-yeariversary. We've been married for 31.5 years and two days. ;) Good years. Good times. Not all a bed of roses, but not all thistles and thorns either.

And on this Valentine's Day, I think (HOPE!)I finally GOT it. I can not shut up and not deal with it. Shuttin' up triggers destructive behaviors, namely the insatiable urge to eatEAT E A T! The more the better, "full" is not possible.

The bottom line here is that if I don't talk it out (regardless to how uncomfortable it is for me to confront or be confronted), work it out... chances are really good that I'm going to eat over it. Insane. INSANE! Because, it is very apparent that the eating-over-it is likely to kill me. Ever heard of "digging her grave with a spoon"?

Now THAT is insane.

I've never considered myself to be suicidal. I've wanted to get the heck out of Dodge a few times, LOL!, but never once have I wanted to stop living. So, tell me, whyWHY is the possibility of confrontation or the need to confront SO repugnant that I will "dig my grave with a spoon" rather than just jump in there and DEAL with it?

Okay, okay. Enough. This is something that I need to do a long serious bout of introspective thunking (yes, I meant to spell it that way. Thunk, being a deeper level of thinking. ;) ) And, when I have thunked it all out, talked it over with a couple of my favorite sets of ears... (be grateful if you're not one of those. LOL!) MAYBE I'll have figured out a way to never be silent... LOL! Now, THAT could be a problem.

ROTFL!!!! (rolling on the floor laughing)

This picture was taken at our wedding, August 14, 1977 and see!!? My lips is flappin'! LOL!

1 comment:

dave said...

You are a courageous woman, maybe I had a bit to do with that. If so i am glad.

The wise man said there is a time to talk and a time to not talk, or word to that affect.

Be wise, you are worth it all.

dad