Sunday, March 15, 2009

Forsythia and pup-pees ;)

Forsythia. Ohhh! I dream of forsythia, but alas, my three bushes are still twiggy looking with nary a sign of spring yellow. I keep looking. And over the last couple weeks I've had more opportunities to be out looking than usual.

Why? Well... long story, cut short. We lost our big lab pup, Buck, about a week after his 1st birthday. Some decided they needed him more than we did. *SIGH*
And three days later, after checking everywhere possible to find Buck, in a very impulsive moment, I bought this little guy to replace (ha! Not possible) him.

Meet Peanut. My reason for going OUT more often.

He was a mere 5 weeks old when we brought him home. Way too young. Tiny and trembly. Nearly 3 weeks later he's still tiny but the trembles have disappeared and he's grown a bit.

His mom is a Poodle and his dad is Poodle/Chihuahua. I met them both and the Poodle is definitely the dominant gene. HA! So, he's not going to be a shedder. Love that. And he will be a lap puppy, not a wanna-be like Buck. :)

I miss Buck. He was a fun and funny dog. Peanut is a totally new deal for us. We've always had big dogs. Never a "yapper".... But so far, so good. He's a little dolly. Kinda like "Betsy-Wetsy". LOL! Remember that doll? "Betsy-Wetsy, never dry..."
Guess I'd better take him back outside. Goody! Another chance for me to check on the forsythias.

2 comments:

dave said...

small dogs are easier. they eat less and they poop less too.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! My husband says, "Yes, but they can get in more remote placed to poop, too!"

Peanut is so cute!