After knitting all those Koolhaas hats, I was hoping my sister Lora wouldn't like that pattern and choose it for her birthday gift. WHEW! She didn't. She chose a pattern that I've been wanting to try, a stranded/two-color/fair isles pattern. This is a technic that I haven't done before so it would be a fun challenge.
I'm up for knitting challenges these days. LOL! You see, I have a "safety net"! If I fall (get stuck) there are wonderful experienced knitters around here that I can get to help me up again. Nothing is off limits. WAY cool.
So, on Friday I started in. Casting on and then stitching away... Here are the results of my "labors"...



(drum roll, please)
I am VERY pleased. The multi-colored yarn was a bit frustrating to work with because I had no control (NEED control. Have to have control! LOL!) over what was happening next. But... all in all, I'd do it over again in a snap. I love the colors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LORA!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:
L O V E I T !!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. I am impressed. Amazing what you can do with a few pointed sticks.
dave, aka dad
Post a Comment