Over the last few weeks, I've been VERY busy. Extremely busy. I've planted corn, clover, lavendar and wheat. I've plowed, fertilized and planted apples, nuts, apricots, roses, and sunflowers. Busy, busy, busy. I've acquired a flock of sheep, a few cows, some chickens, a goose, a peacock, a cat and a pet mallard. I've built a horse barn, purchased a bed and breakfast and four guest cottages. I've put up miles of white fences. Yes, INDEED these last few weeks have been extremely busy. And...
Extremely crazy. Yes, in those busybusy moments, I sorta saw the insanity but... on I went working away, collecting cash and coins and building and planting and hoeing and...Virtual farming. Not even close to real... I mean, what sheep do YOU know that eats wheat stacks, hulls and all?! Not!
It's *click* *click* *click* of the mouse and things happen. It only takes a few hours from the time you *click* plant to grow a crop of carrots to feed the bunnies and the a few seconds later the bunnies are ready to be sheared, their wool goes off to a fancy machine that "weaves" it unto sweaters. WHAT!? I'm a KNITTER You don't weave a sweater! You KNIT sweaters. But *click* *click*, things happen. Virtual wealth accumulates. Your farm grows, you buy more "land" and more and more and...*click* *click* *click*. "Just a minute, Honey, I need to finish harvesting these oranges..." "Oh, dear! I forgot to get the bees to pollinate before I harvested the clover! And now I won't have honey to use with the fruit to make fruit jams..."
Okay. ENOUGH! No more virtual farming. Enough. The end. Finished. Done.
In my real world, I need to get well. I've been sick for several days. So, sleep, drink, rest. No staying up feeding the cows to get the milk to make the bread... No. In my real world, my daughter is leaving the country for Peru in a few days. She needs help getting ready. In my real world there's always laundry and dishes and bread to bake and shall I mention the REAL weeds and the REAL garden that needs prepared for the REAL seeds that will NOT be ready for harvest in a few hours? :)
Back to reality. Reality is a pretty neat place. I've got several creative project going... painted and embroidered dishtowels (for ME!), a big huge knitted blanket for our bed, sewing...endless creative reality.
Reality is a great family! My husband is a sweetheart. I couldn't ask for more or better. Our kids are fab. My parents are super, my sisters... they are my friends AND my sisters.
Reality is sweet. Reality is quiet and calm and busy and not... No, I'm not emassing a fortune. That's a fact. But hey! Who cares! I'm having a BLAST in my REALITY!
Bye-bye virtual. Hello reality!
ONWARD!


1 comment:
Post a Comment