Sunday, March 14, 2010

And They're Off!!!

Sid and I took Jessie up to the local "International" airport this afternoon. We stood around and watched while she checked in and went through security. Our airport has a big THICK glass "cage" that everyone that has gone through security waits in. It's nice because we could see and visit via our cell phones and text messages. LOL! Funny! We waited about an hour plus before they boarded the plane, then we went out to the parking lot and waited to see her plain lift off.

16 girls, 1 boy and several adults. Lots of luggage. Each person took a carry-on, a bag/purse, a check-in and then one BIG HUGE trunk that was pre-packed by the gatherers of such things. Mostly backpacks and school supplies for the children in Peru. That's about 21 trunks of stuff that won't be coming back up when they return. Nice.

And so, she's gone. My darling daughter has been away for a week before. She goes to camp in the summer. A week each time. But this time it's for 10 days and it's a LOT further journey. She'll have a great time. She'll make new friends within her fellow traveling school mates. She'll get to see how other people in other places live. She'll get to go up and down and up and down... LOL!... in airplanes.

I'll be praying for her safety. I'll be praying that she has a wonderful trip and comes home soon. Mostly though, I'll miss her. Really-truly.

I  love you, Jessica May! I truly-dooly do.

No comments: