Today, I'm beginning something that is seemingly impossible. And yet... I know I can do it. It'll be tough but, I AM tough.
My spending has been way out of control. All is relative, I know but, my budget is in the red big time. My beloved husband, our families Chief Financial Officer, is seeing red, which causes my gut, shame-level and temper to flare. Ugh, all around.
At this moment, this Monday, May 28th, 2012, my tally is -$450.14 in the red, obviously!
The budget line item with my name on it is allotted to provide anything needed for running the house (light bulbs, soap, TP, etc.), all things edibles and anything left is for me to play with. It's always tight. And more often than not, it's not close to enough. (Play is more important than staying within the budget, isn't it? ;-)) So, before I go to the CFO, asking for a budget increase, I need to work hard at making it work. After giving it an honest effort, over a couple months... I'll make an appointment with the CFO. Maybe. Maybe it is enough.
So, my challenge is to absolutely minimize spending. Only spend money on what is non-negotiable.
Our pantry and freezers are pretty plumped up. Fresh stuff may become an issue but the garden is coming on so... we'll see.
There is a quilting class that I've signed up for on Father's day. It's $35 and that's happening.
As other non-negotiables come to mind (and stick), I'll post them here.
I'm keeping track of every dime that departs from my pocket. Each Monday morning, I'll post my weekly tally.
My goal is $1000 in savings. $1000 solidly black. I've got a piece to go. LOL! $1450.14, to be exact.
I saw this quote on Pinterest... "He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself." Swedish Proverb
Today, I look around me and see that my life is filled with what I do not need. Put that thief in jail! ;-)
ONWARD!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment