There are two things that I'd like to do more of this coming year.
The first is to knit more socks, LOTS of socks. My favorite socks are the hand knit ones and I'm down to only two pairs. For a knitter that's a cryin' shame. ;-) Another thought that spurs me on is that I want to really LEARN the how-to of knitting socks. Inside out and backwards.
Last year was...the year of the dishclothes? LOL! Well, I knit piles of them. Lost count after about 70. Ugh. NO dishclothes this next year. Just lots and lots of beautiful socks. I declare this new year to be, "The YEAR of the SOCKS". Want to join me? I wonder how many I'll have finished by this time next year. Ohhhh!!! I can't WAIT! My feet can't wait! And so... starting now. I've got about two inches down on the tops of my next pair of socks. Pictures coming soon!
The second thing I'd like to do more of in this new year is BLOGGING! I'm inspired by my sister, her creative team and their endless creativity @ ellinee.com (go to their blog!) I'm inspired by Amanda Soule @ soulemama.com And I'm inspired by dozens of creative women who come onto the internet on a regular basis to share, with the world in general, the fun things that are going on in their lives.
I'd like to share what I'm making. My endless and evergrowing pile of lovely socks. ;-), my newest fiber love, needle felting. And sewing projects that are itching to zoom through the sweet machines in my studio space. Oh, the things I want to make! ONWARD!
I'd also like to share my life. What I'm thinking and what's happening. While most of the blogs that I follow are of younger women with young families, I'm in a much different spot. My world revolves around nearly grown children, my beloved parents (Momma has Alzheimers, Dad and I share her care), one dear developmentally-challenged client and the one acre that we've been blessed with.
Pictures! LOTS of pictures need to show up here. None tonight because I have to figure out how to make THAT work. But I am working on it because pictures HUGE and important to me.
So, here's to the new year that is fast approaching! ONWARD! Here's to SOCKS and lots of blogging! Starting early, it's a good plan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just to let you know, I'm reading your blog Arline, and look forward to more!
I love knitting socks and I think knitting more is a great goal!
Happy Holidays!!!
Deedee
Post a Comment